Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘Cooking’ Category

Who says Heidi can have all the fun with her Blog. Let me first introduce myself I am Heidi’s fiancé. Basically being engaged to a designer I get to do all the fun parts of design. Move furniture around the house, hang pictures, install moldings and back splashes, install lighting, unload the vehicle after she has had a day of shopping and what ever else my favorite designer throws at me… Did I say move furniture around the house ;)

While she is designing and blogging someone needs to cook…lol. That is where I come in. I know my role within the family and face it… I have to eat too. I figured I would occasionally post recipes that I come with. My approach to cooking is pretty much like the show on Food Network “Chopped”. I never start out with a plan. I open the fridge and pantry and just grab what I can find. I start throwing things together that I think make sense. 90% of the time this works out. The other 10% Heidi just smiles and pretends she likes it ;)

So my first post will be a marinade that I have made a few times. It goes great with steak, chicken and pork. It is tangy with a touch of heat. (Not too much heat though).

    Ingredients

¼ cup of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I got that from Rachael Ray ;) )
¼ cup of Natural Apple Cider (regular will work too)
¼ cup of Soy Sauce
2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
3 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce (your choice)
2 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons of Ketchup
(Optional) Add Red Pepper Flakes to kick up the heat

Mix all the ingredients together and place the meat of your choice in the new tasty marinade you just made and chill for at least 2 hours prior to cooking. The longer the meat is soaking in the marinade the more flavor the meat will adsorb.

If you decide to give this marinade a try would love to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy,
J

Read Full Post »

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 393 other followers

%d bloggers like this: